701 E Kirkwood Ave
- Ph.D., Climatology, University of Delaware, 1992
- M.Sc., Geography, University of British Columbia, 1987
- B.A., Geography, University of Delaware, 1984
Dr. Farmer's research lab is focused on sustainable agriculture and associated local food systems, as well as private land conservation and land trusts. Current projects focus on the use of high tunnels to provide year-round local foods; active management of private lands for ecosystem services; and climate change, municipal parks, and long term planning for adaptive management.
- G250/577: Computing in the Geospatial Sciences
- G304/532: Physical Climatology
- G444/544: Climate Change Impacts
- G477/577: Topics in Climatology
- G488/588: Applied Spatial Statistics
- G501: Research in Geography (Proposal Development)
- Willmott, C. J., S. M. Robeson, and K. Matsuura (2017) "Climate and other models may be more accurate than reported," Eos, 98, 13-14.
- Ferrara, M., F. Groff, Z. Moon, K Keshavamurthy, S. M. Robeson, and C. Kieu (2017) "Large-scale control of the lower stratosphere on variability of tropical cyclone intensity," Geophysical Research Letters, doi: 10.1002/2017/GL073327.
- Robeson, S. M. and T. Wright (2017) "Temperature," International Encyclopedia of Geography.
- Sharma, K., S. M. Robeson, P. Thapa, and A. Saikia (2017) "Land-use/land-cover change and forest fragmentation in the Jigme Dorji National Park, Bhutan," Physical Geography, 38, 18-35.
- Aslan, A., A. F. Rahman, M. W. Warren and S. M. Robeson (2016) "Mapping spatial distribution and biomass of coastal wetland vegetation in Indonesian Papua by combining active and passive remotely sensed data," Remote Sensing of Environment, 183, 65-81.
- Ficklin, D. L., S. M. Robeson, and J. Knouft (2016) "Impacts of recent climate change on trends in baseflow and stormflow in United States watersheds," Geophysical Research Letters, 43, 5079-5088.
- Gholizadeh, H. and S. M. Robeson (2016) "Revisiting empirical ocean-colour algorithms for remote estimation of chlorophyll content at the global scale," International Journal of Remote Sensing, 36, 3114-3133.
- Maxwell, J. T., G. L. Harley, and S. M. Robeson (2016) "On the declining relationship between tree growth and climate in the Midwest United States: The fading drought signal," Climatic Change, doi: 10.1007/s10584-016-1720-3.
- Ficklin, D. L., J. T. Abatzoglou, S. M. Robeson, and A. Dufficy (2016) "The influence of climate model biases on projections of aridity and drought," Journal of Climate, 29, 1269-1285.
- Huang, C., H. Zhang, and S. M. Robeson (2016) "Intrinsic random functions and universal kriging on the circle," Statistics and Probability Letters, 108, 33-39.
- Schoof, J. T. and S. M. Robeson (2016) "Projecting changes in regional temperature and precipitation extremes in the United States," Weather and Climate Extremes, 11/ 28-40.
- Robeson, S. M. (2015) "Revisiting the recent California drought as an extreme value," Geophysical Research Letters, 42, 6771-6779. 10.1002/2015GL064593.
- Willmott, C. J., S. M. Robeson, K. Matsuura, and D. L. Ficklin (2015) "Assessment of three dimensionless measures of model performance," Environmental Modelling and Software, 73, 167-174.
- Gholizadeh, H., S. M. Robeson, and A. F. Rahman (2015) "Comparing the performance of multispectral vegetation indices and machine-learning algorithms fo remote estimation of chlorophyll," International Journal of Remote Sensing, 36, 3114-3133.
- Robeson, S. M., C. J. Willmott, and P. D. Jones (2014) "Trends in hemispheric warm and cold anomalies," Geophysical Research Letters, 10.1002/2014GL062323.
- Robeson, S. M., A. Li, and C. Huang (2014) "Point-pattern analysis on the sphere," Spatial Statistics, 10, 76-86.
- Sato, N. and S. M. Robeson (2014) "Trends in the near-zero range of the minimum air-temperature distribution," Physical Geography, 35, 429-442.
- Climate change detection and impacts
- Statistical analysis of environmental change
- Spatial statistics and time-series analysis
- Indiana Climate Change Impacts Assessment
- Axially symmetric processes and spatial statistics on the sphere
- Detecting changes in daily air-temperature probability distributions
- Recent changes in the persistence and spatial variability of global air temperature variability
- Growing-season length as an indicator of climatic change
- Use of geostatistics to analyze environmental disturbances
- Statistics for the evaluation of models