This summer 2020, the Summer Experience in Sustainability & the Environment (SESE) program will be offered fully online as a four week, interactive program that will introduce high school students to sustainability and the environment on IU's campus! Participants will explore the environmental field through hands-on activities and learn about college and career opportunities at IU from current students, staff and faculty.
This program will include:
- Four, 1 week-long modules, each focused on a different environmental or sustainability-related subject and lead by IU faculty
- Live lectures, including question & answer sessions and discussions, featuring IU faculty, staff and students
- Hands-on activities designed to be completed at home or in your neighborhood, with family members and/or fellow participants
- A certificate of completion, contact information for all faculty, staff and student instructors, and further resources and activities for particularly passionate participants!
Accommodations may be made for students who are unable to access live lectures; however participants MUST:
- Have access to a computer and internet, and
- Be available for group work and active participation for approximately 1-2 hours/week day (M-F) for the duration of the program.
And... there is NO COST to participate!
2020 Program Dates: Monday, June 22nd - Friday, July 17th
Application Deadline: Monday, June 15th at 5:00 PM