The 2023 Summer Experience in Sustainability and the Environment (SESE) will be offered online as a one-week, interactive program that will introduce high school students to sustainability and the environment on IU's campus. Participants will explore environmental fields through hands-on activities and learn about college and career opportunities from IU faculty, staff, and current students. There is no cost to participate in this program.
This program will include:
- Five one-day modules, each focused on a different environmental or sustainability-related subject and led by IU faculty
- Live lectures, including question and answer sessions and discussions, featuring IU faculty, staff and students
- Hands-on activities designed to be completed at home or in your neighborhood, with family members and/or fellow participants
- A certificate of completion, contact information for all faculty, staff and student instructors, and further resources and activities for particularly passionate participants!
Accommodations may be made for students who are unable to access live lectures; however participants MUST:
- Have access to a computer and internet, and
- Be available for some group work and active participation for approximately 1-2 hours/day from Monday, June 26 through Friday, June 30.